With seven miles of award-winning golden sands and fantastic free festivals and events, Bournemouth is the place to be this summer!
Bournemouth also enjoys one of the most pleasant climates in the UK with warm temperatures and long sunny days regularly experienced over the summer months – another reason why you should come and visit! There is never a shortage of events happening in Bournemouth – but this year’s calendar is looking busier than ever! Here are just some of the major events planned this year:
- Big Bournemouth Beer Festival (14th – 16th April) – Now in its 8th year, the hugely popular Big Bournemouth Beer Festival returns to the Bournemouth International Centre. There’s something for everyone at this year’s festival with a huge range of traditional real ales complimented by a range of novelty and seasonal beers.
- Thai Food Festival (14th – 16th April) – The Thai Food festival celebrates its 6th year in Bournemouth. There will be various food demonstrations, a Thai boxing show, Classical music and a stall for Thai Beer.
- Gin Festival (5th – 7th May) – At this year’s Gin Festival, you will be able to try over 100 different gins plus, new brands, cocktails and master classes from industry experts! Throughout the event there will be live music and entertainment, talks from gin industry experts, delicious food and lots of chitchat with other gin lovers.
- ThunderCat Racing (19th – 21st May) – ThunderCat Racing is a one of the worlds most exhilarating water sports and is fantastic to watch. Spectators can view racing from along the water’s edge or from the high vantage point on the Pier itself. Get your camera at the ready for some big air shots and twists and turns!
- Bournemouth Open Golf Festival (30th May – 3rd June) – The Bournemouth Open Golf Festival is new for 2017, with a mixture of serious, qualifier competitions and some fun, non-competitive rounds of golf. It is a great jam-packed week, perfect for golf enthusiasts!
- Bournemouth Food and Drink Festival (16th – 25th June) – The Bournemouth Food & Drink Festival is 10 whole days of delight for foodies. You can enjoy good food, amazing cooking skills and fabulous entertainment – what’s not to love!
- Beach Rugby (17th – 18th June) – Head down to the beautiful Boscombe beach for a weekend of international beach rugby. This tournament will welcome teams of men and women worldwide to battle on the golden sands.
- Bournemouth Vegan Fair (17th – 18th June) – The Vegan Fair offers a fantastic shopping experience with over 90 handpicked stalls showcasing a huge range of vegan products. There will be experts hosting talks and demonstrations to inspire you.
- Beach Netball (1st July) – Beach Netball is a fun family sporting event for everyone to enjoy. For those not playing, there will be kid’s zones, a beach bbq and chill out areas.
- Beach Polo Championships (7th – 8th July) – Expect to be amazed by the high adrenaline action from the polo arena, stunned by the views from the luxury beach side marquees and exhausted having danced the night away at the beach party!
- Bournemouth Friday Fireworks (every Friday throughout August) – Be prepared to be dazzled by the Bournemouth Firework displays throughout the summer. Starting at 10pm from Bournemouth Pier, you can watch the skies light up!
- Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra – Proms in the Park (11th – 13th August) – The BSO will play host to a range of extraordinary events and activities, showcasing great live music and stunning visual displays.
- Luna Cinema (18th – 20th August) – The outdoor cinema is returning to Bournemouth Waterfront for 3 nights in August. Enjoy classic, family films in a beautiful outdoor setting, with the sound of the sea just a few metres away.
- Bournemouth Air Festival (31st August – 3rd September) – As the only summer destination for the UK’s best aviation entertainment, Bournemouth will again be hosting incredible air displays, on the ground action and evening entertainment at the 10th Bournemouth Air Festival! A free to attend event, the Bournemouth Air Festival is so much more than an air show!
Just minutes from the town centre and beaches, the Orchid Hotel is ideally placed to get the most out of everything that’s going on in Bournemouth throughout the summer. For more information on all of the events listed, visit bournemouth.co.uk