It’s been another fantastic year for The Orchid Hotel and certainly a very busy one! 2016 has seen the complete transformation of the hotel, the arrival of afternoon tea and a brand new restaurant.
We’re looking back at all the exciting things that have happened in 2016 to round up the year and get us ready to take on 2017!
- We saw the arrival of our delicious afternoon tea and it is proving to be extremely popular!
- The extensive renovations were completed and the transformation was phenomenal.
- We were involved in a 30-hour rescue effort to free Smokey the kitten who was trapped inside the undertray of a car belonging to one of our guests. Rosie, who works at The Orchid, decided to adopt the kitten and renamed her Koala because she clung to her!
- After months of planning and preparation, No.34 Restaurant opened its doors in August and has received incredible feedback so far.
- We have had the pleasure of hosting unique and magical weddings all year round.
- We now host beautiful garden weddings in the outdoor courtyard. The romantic setting is perfect for a stylish, yet tranquil summer wedding.
- Pre-show dining is now on offer in No.34 and is the perfect way to relax and enjoy a delicious meal before a great evening of entertainment.
- We are now ranked 8 out of 78 hotels in Bournemouth on TripAdvisor, which is a fantastic achievement for us.
- There have been 49 #OrchidBmth Instagram competition winners and over 600 entries. That means we have given away 38 bottles of wine and 11 free night stays at The Orchid.
- We have a monthly booking with the sensational singer, Diane James, who sings show tunes and a range of others and attracts a great audience to her evenings.
We want to take this opportunity to thank all of our wonderful guests who have stayed with us this year and we can’t wait to welcome you back, along with new guests, in the New Year. We’re looking forward to seeing what exciting things 2017 brings!
We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!